Tuesday, August 01, 2006

100+ degrees....



Breakfast for the husband: banana and wheat germ waffles topped with fresh berries and a walnut syrup made with brown rice syrup and some other goodies



It is definitely too hot to cook ANYthing. I had to go to work for a few hours today, but before I left I threw a banana in the freezer. When I got home, I made banana "ice cream."



Then, it was just SO hot that I threw another banana in the freezer, and a couple of hours later threw together more "ice cream," this time with strawberries and flecks of grain sweetened chocolate chips. I got lazy about trying to put it in a nice glass. Instead, I ate it right out of my mini food processor.

I think tonight is a good night for Vietnamese spring rolls...

8 Comments:

Blogger Melody said...

Love your blog.. Your cakes are so creative!

01 August, 2006 15:25  
Blogger Cherie Anderson said...

haha, this is a great blog! I like the book cakes. oh, and your ice cream and waffles. :)

01 August, 2006 16:48  
Blogger Megan the Vegan said...

Ugh...I hate the heat too. But, somehow I still manage to eat.

01 August, 2006 18:26  
Blogger Jody from VegChic said...

super hot here and the last thing I cooked was early when the house was still reasonably cool.

I may be going the banana ice cream route when I get home too.

Those waffles look awesome!

01 August, 2006 21:44  
Blogger Urban Vegan said...

I feel cooler just looking at this post. Thank you.

02 August, 2006 13:15  
Anonymous Vegan Diva said...

The waffles look fantastic :)

02 August, 2006 20:11  
Blogger laura jesser said...

You're very creative--what a cool blog. And your waffles today look so yummy.

05 August, 2006 17:04  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Yummy! I am loving what you are doing here... Thanks for posting as you are!

07 August, 2006 12:57  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home